MediaTek Dimensity 1000 vs Snapdragon 765
The constant comparisons made between MediaTek chipsets and those of Snapdragon chipsets has become very common. The two chipsets that are mentioned here wouldn’t seem unfair to most; however, it is to me. The comparison might make sense since both of the mentioned chipsets are 5G chipsets, however the unfair part plays it role too since this is also a comparison of a mid-range smartphone chipset with a flagship smartphone chipset. That part makes no sense at all. Anyhow, with the constant change of times and demands, there has been a constant need within companies itself to manufacture and release 5G integrated devices. There is a 5G race going on for a while now although rolling out of 5G into the Indian markets will take a lot of time. Even then, it is interesting to note the features and specifications of the chipsets with the newest technologies.
Before getting into the comparison, let’s look into the specifications of both the chipsets individually.
- CPU: Octa Core. 1x Kryo 475 (A76) Prime 2.4 GHz. 1x Kryo 475 Gold (A76) @2.2 GHz. 6x Kryo 475 Silver (A55) @1.8 GHz. GPU — Adreno 620. Supports Quick Charge 4+
- Camera: Single 36 MP Dual 22MP + 22MP.
- Video: 4k Ultra HD, H.265(HEVC), H.264(AVC), VP8, VP9.
- Snapdragon 765G also comes integrated with good gaming features. It has the Qualcomm Elite Gaming which is also capable of supporting all kinds of heavy-duty games.
MediaTek Dimensity 1000:
- CPU: 4X Arm-Cortex A-77 and 4x Arm -Cortex A-55 and GPU — Arm Mali G77 MC9. Processing powerhouse capable of operating up to 2.5 GHz with the four power efficient cores.
- Built for Imaging and the Biggest mega-pixels that includes 80 MP camera support as well. Incorporates the world’s first 5 core ISP.
- Multi-Exposure HDR Video including 4k recording abilities
- Power Efficient 5G Modem which comes integrated within the chipset.
- Dual 5G Sim support which is a world’s first
- Up to 4.7 Gbps performance along with full 5G standalone support.
- MediaTek Dimensity 1000 comes integrated with the Hyper Engine Gaming technology.
- Along with the above-mentioned pointers of both the chipsets, one of the other important points is also the AnTuTu scores of both the chipsets. The AnTuTu benchmark score of MediaTek’s 5G hero chipset puts the last nail in the coffin. The AnTuTu score of MediaTek Dimensity 1000 is 504789, which is 69% more than the AnTuTu score of Snapdragon 765’s 298781.
With all the points that are mentioned above, we can graph a comparison between the two on our own. We can see the difference between both the chipsets in terms of power as well as performance. Dimensity series has been one of the most advanced chipset series of MediaTek till date equipped with the best of technologies and features. While having said that, it does not automatically imply the Snapdragon 765G is a bad chipset. It is also a good one, however when being compared to a flagship processor, it lags behind, therefore this was an unfair comparison to start with, in the first place.
Overall, moving past the unfair comparison point, it is clear that MediaTek Dimensity 1000 is a powerful processor with the best of features and reliable specifications catering to the needs of the users with utmost efficiency.